All residents of Westcott are warmly invited to join the Village Association, all we ask is for a minimum donation of £10 a year (paid via Standing Order) and money raised goes towards achieving our objects, supporting local good causes, and the community.
WVA’s only source of income is the subscriptions from members. Becoming a member of Westcott Village Association enables you to receive the monthly updates by email, a copy of the annual newsletter and the opportunity to vote at the AGM. Your subscriptions can be boosted by signing up for Gift Aid.
In addition to the Annual General Meeting, there are also four open meetings a year where all members are invited to attend and raise any issues with the committee and discuss and share views on village life.
Open meetings are all held in the village at a venue depending on the anticipated attendance, all the meetings start at 7.30pm until 8.30pm.
The dates for 2019 are;
- Thursday 21st February
- Thursday 9th May
- Thursday 12th September
- Annual General Meeting is to be held on Wednesday 16th October
- Thursday 12th December.
Other open meetings or extraordinary general meetings may be called at four weeks’ notice.
All open meeting venues will be advertised on the website and in the Village Magazine.
Although subscriptions only generate a modest income it enables the Village Association to support local good causes and village events. Recent examples in 2018 included;
- funding replacement memorial benches on Westcott Heath to commemorate those who lost their lives in an Air Raid on Westcott during WWII on the 4th January 1944
- contributing towards the Lest We Forget British Legion Silent Soldier which now stands proudly in the village by the A25 on the approach to the church
- contributing to WestFest 2018 the annual village fete by sponsoring the climbing wall.
- Sponsoring annual awards at Surrey Hills All Saints School