As a thriving village of over 2 500 residents – that consists of our very own school, church, bakery, village shop, garage, pubs and numerous small and medium-size businesses -Westcott is a great place to live and work.
Westcott Reading Room
The Westcott Reading Room is used by numerous clubs and societies and has a spacious function hall, modern kitchen facilities and spacious off road car park. Full details of the facilities on offer and how to book them along with a full calendar of events can be found at www.westcottreadingroom.org.uk
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
St John’s has given great service to the village originally as a church and in recent years as a community centre. The hall or chapel can be hired individually, both have a small kitchenette. Full details of the facilities on offer and how to book them along with a calendar of events can be found at www.stjohnswestcott.org.uk
For further information please email email@example.com
Dorking Area Foodbank
We’re here to help anyone who, for whatever reason, has reached a financial crisis point and cannot afford to feed themselves or their families. This can happen to anyone.
The foodbank is a community project. Get help when you need it. Give help when you can. We’re here for each other when life gets difficult. Together we are the Dorking Area Foodbank.
1. You’ll be made very welcome and receive an emergency food parcel to make three day’s worth of nutritious meals plus some additional refreshments, toiletries and cleaning products
1. We are open on Tuesdays 4.45pm-5.45pm and Thursdays 2.30pm-3.30pm
2. The Christian Centre, Church Street, Dorking, RH4 1DW
3. Please try to obtain a food voucher prior to your visit. But if you can’t, please do come and see us anyway. Referral agencies we work with include: Citizens Advice, housing support, children’s centres, health visitors, social services, schools and other local organisations/charities who can offer longer term support with other challenges and underlying crisis issues
- There are donation bins in our local Sainsbury, Tesco and Waitrose supermarkets if you pick up an item or two for us as you shop. If you have a larger donation, please get in touch to co-ordinate dropping this off.
- We particularly welcome donations from our standard ‘shopping list’ which is on our website. We also have a weekly top 5 list of things we need to top up on – this is posted on the supermarket donation bins, our website or you can join our email distribution list.
- Please see our website or contact us directly for more information about donating food, money or volunteering: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07494 226743
Dorking Medical Practice
In October 2018, the Dorking Medical Practice merged with Dr Tom Guilder’s practice in Westcott and now comprises of a purpose-built surgery in Dorking Town Centre (New House Surgery), a dispensing surgery at the top of Box Hill (Hillside Surgery) and a dispensing surgery in Westcott at Riverbank Surgery
Surrey RH4 3PA
Contact: by phone 01306 875577
Opening Hours: 8am to 6.30pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday, 8am to 1230pm on Wednesday and is closed at the weekends.
Or visit www.riverbanksurgery.nhs.uk
New House Surgery
142a South Street
Surrey RH4 2QR
Contact: by phone 01306 881313
Opening Hours: 8am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday or visit www.dorkingmedicalpractice.co.uk
Medwyn Health Centre
The Medwyn Health Centre is a purpose-built health centre in Dorking which has a team of GP’s as well as practice nurses, they run numerous clinics such as asthma, child development, minor surgery, smoking cessation and well as travel vaccinations. The pharmacy is open 7 days a week.
Medwyn Health Centre
Surrey RH4 1SD
Surgery Opening Hours: 8am to 6.30pm Monday, Thursday & Friday, 8am to 8pm Tuesday & Wednesday and closed at the weekends.
Contact: by phone 01306 882422 by email email@example.com or visit www.medwynsurgery.nhs.uk
Medwyn Pharmacy Opening Hours: 8am to 11pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 8pm Sunday.
Contact: by phone 01306 740833
Extended hours access to GP Services in Dorking
Patients at four Dorking practices including Dorking Medical Practice and Medwyn Surgery can also be seen outside normal opening hours by a local GP or practice nurse. The service is run by Dorking Healthcare and electronic medical records are shared for patients using the extended hours’ surgery.
Extended hours on weekdays Monday to Friday 6.30pm to 9pm with clinics being held at either New House Surgery in Dorking or Medwyn Surgery. Saturdays extended hours service is from 9am to 1pm with GP clinic being held at Medwyn Surgery and from 9am to 12pm on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Boots the Chemist
69-71 High Street
Surrey RH4 1AW
Contact by phone: 01306 882467
Opening Hours: 8.30am to 5.40pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 4pm Sunday
Michael Frith Pharmacy
38-40 South Street
Surrey RH4 2HQ
Contact by phone: 01306 882728
Opening Hours: 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm Saturday and closed on Sunday
For local news, dates of local surgeries or your next Police-Public panel meeting please visit www.surrey.police.uk/
Contact Surrey Police at www.surrey.police.uk/
The nearest Police Station is at Reigate and is open Monday to Sunday
For non-urgent notification of minor crime you can use the online crime reporting facility available at www.my.surrey.police.uk/reportonline/ReportIt
Surrey Police is also on Twitter, Facebook and other social media www.surrey.police.uk/contact-us/social-media
Surrey & Sussex Police also partner on an information service called IntheKnow and is part of the National Neighbourhood Alert network. So if you want to know about witness appeals, crime updates in the area or get crime prevention updates and news then sign up to InTheKnow www.intheknow.community/